Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bug Update

So I made a little more progress this weekend. Only worked a few hours. I have been busy with other projects in my garage trying to get it ready to work on my baja. I first added 5 more wall outlets since the area I am going to build the baja had none. Thanks Fulton Homes! And then I built some shelves and a workbench out of wood.



I know I still have to organize everything on it. Then I built a platform on wheels so that I could put the shell on it and roll it over the pan so I can get all the cars in the garage.



I know it looks funny but it works great! So today we were able to finish taking all of the tar insulation off the pan which is not any fun. Then we took the front beam assembly off (I am going to get a custom linkpin front end that are widened with taller towers)



And then we took off the motor. I think I am going to try and sell it. I am not sure if I can get any money for it. I do know it is not seized up at least.



So I think I will finish getting the pan stripped down so I can get it stripped or sand blasted so I can repaint it all. Then Bugzyla here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment